Who can help?
There are only a few requirements to drive with us and they are designed to protect you and our senior passengers:
- Be 21 years of age with a high-school diploma or equivalent
- Provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Pass background and driver record checks
- Attend a brief orientation and training session
Where do we go?
You may choose to drive clients from our many service areas. See our map.
How does it work?
Chariot volunteer drivers use their own cars to provide seniors door-to-door rides to medical appointments, grocery stores, hair appointments, pharmacies, banks, activity centers, support groups, and other errands. Typically a round trip takes 2-3 hours; a one-way drop off is about an hour.
VOLUNTEER DRIVING IS EASY!
- Minimum requirement is 1 drive per month (Most volunteers enjoy the experience and do more!)
- Drivers select rides to fit their own schedules
- Rides can be set up by phone or email
- Family members of any age are encouraged to ride along
Want to know more?
To find out more about volunteering, you may call us at 512-445-5552. Or if you are ready to sign up now, apply here.
Chariot continues to monitor developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are taking proactive measures to protect the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers as we continue to provide transportation to our neighbors in Travis, Hays and Bastrop Counties.
Chariot adheres to Austin / Travis County health guidelines, as well as those of the Transportation Security Administration, and follows their recommendations related to COVID-19. For more information regarding COVID 19 in Austin, Texas, visit austintexas.gov/covid19
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Chariot office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-445-5552.